Richard C. Weston
Richard Weston specializes in insurance coverage and bad faith litigation, acting as primary bad faith litigation counsel in Southern California for several prominent insurers. Mr. Weston’s practice emphasizes large exposure disputes arising from first party property, commercial general liability, excess liability, attorneys’ professional liability, directors and officers’ liability, boiler and machinery, and environmental impairment liability policies.
Mr. Weston has extensive experience in connection with construction defect claims in both the first party (ensuing loss) and third party contexts. Mr. Weston has been retained as coordinating coverage counsel on behalf of several prominent insurance carriers with respect to all construction defect claims arising from policies issued to nationally known developers.
Richard Weston has first chair trial experience and has argued numerous appeals before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and the California Court of Appeal. Mr. Weston has drafted hundreds of coverage opinions relating to first party property claims, third party liability claims, and claims made coverages.
- J.D., University of California at Los Angeles, 1985. Participant, UCLA Moot Court Honors Program
- B.A., Economics, with honors and distinction, Pennsylvania State University, 1982. Member University Scholars Program; Departmental Honors Program in Economics
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit